dimanche 2 décembre 2007

Patrick Dempsey's sexy pride

source: people.monstersandcritics.com

Patrick Dempsey loves being a sexual "fantasy figure".

The 'Grey's Anatomy' heartthrob is delighted his character Dr. Derek Shepherd has become such a hit with female viewers he has earned the nickname 'Dr. McDreamy'.

He said: "'Grey's Anatomy' is a major show and my character is a fantasy figure for lots of ladies who tune in. I don't mind though, I think it's great, you can't complain about being dubbed 'Dr. McDreamy'."

The 41-year-old actor - who came second in People magazine's annual Sexiest Man Alive this year - doesn't even mind people referring to the 'ugly duckling' phase he went through at the beginning of his acting career.

He added: "It's funny to think about how people label you. My career stalled and stuttered for some time, because of the way I was type-cast. So I see my slow rise to fame as a classic Hollywood tale."

Dempsey first came to the world's attention in the 80s with a series of roles in minor films, including the comedies 'Can't Buy Me Love' and 'Meatballs III: Summer Job'.

However, his career stalled in 1987 when at the age of 21 Dempsey married his agent Rocky Parker, who was his mother's best friend and 26 years his senior. The pair divorced in 1994.

Aucun commentaire: